Join our team
We are continually seeking extraordinary people to join our organization. If there are no specific openings listed below, you can send your resume to our Human Resources department. We will keep all unsolicited resumes on file for six months in case an opening comes up.
Manages all aspects of an assigned sales territory, providing guidance, leadership and direction to support personnel, peers, and supervisors. Works diligently to develop business plans and strategic sales targets while ensuring that commitments are achieved and business plan objectives are met. Responsible for maximizing unit sales, net margins and cash collections, while optimizing selling expense management, within the assigned geographical territory and assigned major accounts or market segments.
Establishes and maintains Customer and channel partner relationships in order to generate profitable initial sales and recurring revenue streams. Establishes management tools and systems of accountability with Channel Partners to optimizing our collective growth in the assigned geography or vertical market.
Simultaneously, the Regional Sales Manager must generate and track opportunities for new business growth through development of prospects, use of marketing tools, introduction and training of new pathways to market, the sharing of best practices, and penetration of target markets as assigned. Monitors these opportunities through the CRM System and other “Shareware” methods. Communicates progress against objectives, proactively. Makes “cold calls” on any qualified users and resellers of lubrication systems and allied equipment. Applies continuous effort to increase contacts with decision makers while making recommendations for appropriate use of products and services, generating proposals, and quotations.
Provides timely feedback to Sales and Marketing Management on all aspects of the business, including competitive activities. Represents the Company, Shareholders, Employees and the communities in which we operate, in a highly professional manner consistent with BDI “Core Values.”
Director - Americas Sales & Global Commercial Excellence
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create strategic sales plan for the geographical territory that includes milestones, action plans, means of corrective action.
- Propagate use of contemporary tools, such Sales Funnels, Website /eCommerce Portal, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Expand Geographical Sales Presence.
- Develop and execute Channel Management strategy to include Traditional Independent Stocking Distributors, National Catalog/MRO Houses, Specialty Lubrication and Fluid Power Resellers, and OEM Equipment Manufacturing Consumers.
- Expand Vertical Market penetration into new business sectors.
- Embrace the sale on the full Bijur Delimon line into the assigned geography utilizing the breadth of the Channel Management strategy.
- Explore new OEM targets utilizing the full BDI product line.
- Create opportunities or accept the challenge to manage qualified major OEM or channel partner accounts.
- Generates new and continuing existing business by promptly responding to prospect and customer needs expressed via multiple means; i.e. orders, requests for quotation, literature, expediting requests and other aspects of servicing the customer.
- Generate complex technical and business presentations to prospects and customers at various levels of management relative to new and existing products, our company, its resources and international presence in the field of lubrication.
- Align Company goals to customer/channel partner needs, serves as customer advocate to resolve all customer issues, assuring a timely resolution focusing on the long-term relationship between BDI, its customers, & channel partners.
- Conscientious and accurate participation in development of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and actions to support the BDI business plan.
- As an integral member of the Sales and Marketing team, participates in and provides feedback in planning, preparing and formulating annual strategic sales plans.
- Provides BDI Management with Regional competitive feedback having major domestic or international consequences to the company.
- Provides BDI Management with Regional prospect / customer activity information having major domestic or international significance to the company.
- Promptly provides Quality Management and BDI leadership team with information pertaining to prospect or customer complaints related to BDI, its products and processes, in order to facilitate accurate root cause analysis and resolution.
- Represents the Company at regional, national and international trade shows and exhibits.
- Participates as a mentor to cross-functional and international teams representing lending a local sales voice to national and international teams.
- Advises Leadership of important topics with the territory or vertical market promoting recommendations for opportunities to improve.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
BS in Business, Science or Technology with preference given to mechanical engineering, engineering technology or engineering management. Education will be combined with a minimum of 10 years experience in leadership sales positions which clearly demonstrate utilization of education, continued professional growth and direct involvement with electro-mechanical devices and / or hydraulic / pneumatic related systems and components in a durable goods manufacturing setting. Prior experience with direct technical selling to the general industrial marketplace is a must.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES:
- Familiarity with ERP Systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, SAGE, and BPCS).
- Understanding of cloud-based CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce.com, Leadmaster, SugarCRM).
- Proven skill set and demonstrated ability to repeatedly contact prospects and customer via phone, internet, email and in person for the purpose of generating bills of materials, proposals, quotations and closing on sales.
- Competency in and understanding of the workings and functionality of industrial machinery and their controls (e.g. machine tools, plastics machinery, conveyors, metal working equipment, mechanical drives and related systems).
- Superior technical writing / written communication / presentation skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of and familiarity with U.S. and international technical engineering standards (i.e. SAE, ASTM, BS, MIL, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software applications.
- Working knowledge of business intelligence software such as Global Soft, Cognos or Qlikview.
- Consistently demonstrates strong work ethic and commitment to personal and professional development as a technical sales professional.
- High Emotional Intelligence (“EQ”)
- Highly effective listener with ability to work collaboratively with all organizational levels.
- Must be bondable.
Frequent overnight domestic travel, as required, is understood to be an integral requirement of this assignment. Periodic international travel may be required for purposes of cross-business collaboration efforts or training.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.